Ivan Pavlovich Utkin




Age: 40


Summary: Russian engineer and regional director of engineering at the medical devices company Gippokrat LLC in the industrial city of Perm, Russia who had been hospitalized in critical condition for less than a week from severe burns he received in the horrific December 5 Lame Horse nightclub fire and stampede that killed at least 110 people (and counting) and seriously injured more than 160 others as the fire quickly spread to the walls and damaged the electrical wing when sparks from fireworks ignited  the low ceiling and willow twig covering after a performance artist threw cold-flame pyrotechnics into the air during one of the most deadliest fire disasters to strike Russia in recent years since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, in which the incident bears some similarities to the February 2003 The Station nightclub fire in the U.S. state of Rhode Island caused by the improper usage of indoor pyrotechnics which ignited the flammable sound-proofing foam in the building.



Cause of Death: Injuries sustained in a nightclub fire


Born: April 12, 1969


Died: December 9, 2009


Location: Perm, Russia